Greenstone Energy Solutions

Landlord Services

Landlord Services

Greenstone is a multi-skilled domestic property testing and installation company. We work for homeowners, private landlords, property agents and insurance companies across Edinburgh Lothian's & Fife. Contact Greenstone today to arrange:

General Info

Greenstone can assist you with the rules & regulations letting a property. We can ensure each of your properties are correctly tested and ceritified to ensure they comply with them.

  • CP12 (Gas safety Certificate)
  • PAT
  • PIR (EICR as of 1st Jan 2012)
  • Boiler Service
  • Electrical Works
  • Fire Safety
  • Fault finding & Repair

House in Mutliple Occupation Licence (HMO)

If you are planning to let your property out to more than three unrelated tenants, you must have a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) license. If you are not sure whether you need a license for your property, you should contact your local authority for advice, or visit the Scottish Government website. The owner of a property must make the application for an HMO license, even if the property is to be leased to or managed by another person or organisation. If someone other than you carries out the day-to-day management of the property (for example, a letting agent), they will be named on the license as a joint license holder. There are three main areas looked into when a property owner applies for an HMO license: the suitability of an owner to be an HMO landlord, the management of the premises, and the physical condition and facilities of the accommodation. These things must be checked before a license is granted.

Changes in current regulations (hatches)

The gas safe rules are changing with regards to boiler flues from 31 December 2012. Gas engineers need to be able to inspect the flue (which takes the fumes away from the boiler) a poor flue combined with a boiler which is not working properly can lead to Carbon Monoxide (CO). If the entire length of the boiler flue cannot be inspected then inspection hatches will need to be installed. This means that landlords, whose boiler flues cannot be inspected along the entire length, are going to be required to have inspection hatches put in place by 31 December 2012. From 01 January 2013 gas engineers who cannot inspect the entire length of the flue will be required to turn the boiler off and formally advise the user not to use it until inspection hatches are installed in appropriate location(s).

Contact us for Hatch installations.

Landlord Services from Greenstone

Annual Gas Safety Checks

Get Quote

You must keep a record of any gas safety checks and, usually, you must issue it to the occupier within 28 days of each annual check. Gas appliances must carry safety certificates from qualified engineers who are on the Gas Safe Register

PAT Testing

Get Quote

By law, you must ensure that the electrical system and any electrical appliances supplied with the let, such as cookers, kettles, toasters, washing machines and immersion heaters, are safe to use. If you are supplying new appliances, you should also provide any accompanying instruction booklets.

Fire Extinguishers & Blankets

Get Quote

Greenstone can supply and provide landlords safety certificates for all types of domestic fire extinguishers and Fire Blankets.

Smoke & Heat Detectors

Get Quote

Greenstone can install and provide landlords safety certificates for all types of domestic smoke alarms and heat alarms.

Fire & Risk Assessment

Get Quote

Greenstone carry out Domestic Fire Risk assessments for HMO applications.